make your own POD Candle
The easiest way to make a POD Candle is to use a store-bought white candle (preferably without scent) and a candle holder to use as a mold (a regular glass has a thick opening which will make it impossible to use it as a mold).
- Gather your supplies: a white candle, a candle holder, your message written on a piece of paper, a small piece of aluminium foil (this will prevent the piece of paper to catch fire). In the process you will also need a pouring pot and a double boiler.
- Remove the wick from the candle. On most candles it is easily removed by pulling it from the bottom. It is recommended that you check this when you buy it.
- Fill the bottom of your double boiler with water and place the pouring pot inside it. Put the candle inside the pouring pot. Bring the water to a low simmer, just hot enough to allow the wax (the wick-less candle) to melt slowly.
- While the candle is melting, prepare your message to be placed inside the candle. Fold the piece of paper and wrap the aluminium foil around it, covering the paper completely and tight.
- Fill half of the candle holder with the melted wax. Put the pouring pot back until the liquid wax you just poured solidified.
- Place the wick in the center of the candle holder while the wax is still melted. In order to keep it straight, place it against a pencil or anything similar.
- After the wax in the container starts to become opaque, place your message inside it, as far from the wick as you can. Using the pencil, gently push it down, making sure it got stuck in the warm wax.
- Grab the pouring pot and pour the remaining wax in the container.
- Let the wax cool down, preferably overnight. After the wax solidified, the candle should be easy to take out from the container. Trim the wick and you're done.
Don't leave melting candle wax unattended.
Don't put wax on direct heat.
Never leave burning candles unattended.
Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.